|Today is National Coming Out Day and.....
||[Oct. 11th, 2010|12:55 am]
I'm a straight ally and today is National Coming Out Day. I'm coming out for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality because it's 2010....
For more information clicking here: http://bit.ly/cUrCyb
- and almost 90% of LGBT youth experience harassment in school, and too many lives have been lost
- and you can still be fired from your job in 29 states for being lesbian, gay or bisexual and in 38 states for being transgender
- and only five states plus DC recognize that love, not gender, is what matters in a marriage
- and more than 14,000 servicemembers have been discharged from the military under the failed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law
- and the government's failure to recognize LGBT families for immigration purposes tears bi-national couples and families apart.