|DEMONSTRATE in NYC to mark the 1 year anniversary of the executions of two young gay men in Iran
||[Jul. 17th, 2006|10:18 am]
[I am just passing this information on. All I know about it, is what's here. I currently do not have a contact email for this, but it was sent to me by firstname.lastname@example.org]
DEMONSTRATE to mark the one-year anniversary of the executions of two young gay men, Mahmoud Asgari, 18, and Ayaz Marhoni, 19, by the government of Iran.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19 AT 5 PM at the Iranian Mission, 622 Third Avenue at 40th St.
1. End all executions in Iran, especially the execution of minors.
2. Stop the arrest, torture and imprisonment of Iranian lesbian, gay,
bisexual and transgender people and repeal the Iranian penal code's
criminalization of same-sex relationships.
3. Halt the deportation to Iran of LGBT asylum seekers and other victims
of Tehran's persecution.
4. Support Iranians struggling for democracy, social justice and human
5. Oppose foreign military intervention in Iran; regime change must come
from within--by and for the Iranian people themselves.
“IRAN: STOP EXECUTING GAY PEOPLE”
“JUSTICE FOR GAY PEOPLE IN IRAN”
“REMEMBER MAHMOUD AND AVAZ”
“MAHMOUD AND AVAZ: KILLED FOR BEING GAY”